Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Poop on you father time! Poop on you!!

Lately I have been noticing a few things. These things disturb me greatly as they are making me realize I am no spring chicken anymore. I mean, it's not like I am wrinkled, or arthritic, or anything, but what follows is a few of my observations which prove that, sadly, I am getting older.

1. My similarly aged female friends are getting pregnant, AND ITS SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE.

2. I no longer think of money in terms of comic books, or video games (ie: Why buying a $ 120.00 purse is ridiculous! That's like 6 graphic novels! That's like 3 video games!). Instead I think of money in terms of car payments, and down payments on homes (ie: Why buying a $ 120.00 purse is ridiculous! That's like 1/150 of a new car! That's like 1/250 of a 20% down payment on a $ 150,000.00 home!)

3. The things I need to save up for are getting exponentially more expensive. What follows outlines (roughly) the kinds of purchases I wanted to make in pre-adolescence, adolescence, young adulthood, and adulthood and their costs.

Barbie: $ 20.00
Bike: $ 150.00
Computer: $ 800.00
Car: $ 18,000.00
Home: $ 150,000.00

Did you notice a jump in prices there? It's at times like this that I ponder the merits of communism... Or winning the lottery.... Basically I am looking for the easy way out here, EXCEPT THERE ISN'T ONE.

4. I worry about my current lack of pension plan. My current scenario involves a cardboard box... in Florida.

5. It's been almost a year since I have legitimately been drunk, AND I'M NOT OVERLY BOTHERED BY THAT FACT.

Le sigh.

1 comment:

AB said...

We'll get you drunk when you come to Montreal - put it in your calendar.